Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There is a season.

a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance

On October 27, 2009, Mom and Dad would have been married for exactly twenty-five years. Instead on October 27, 2009, Mom received the documents letting her know the date of the hearing that will finalize their divorce. They'd been looking forward to their 25th since I was in junior high, and always vowed they'd do something especially romantic to celebrate the date.

Also on October 27, 2009, Mom and I received a check for $250 from one of her high school friends whom I just met for the first (and only) time in September. She knew some of my story about lack of school funding and a hefty monthly rent for an apartment in which I was no longer living. But we didn't go into details, and I haven't really thought about her much in the past few months. Then, out of the blue, she sends a note and a check and her blessing. How do you thank someone for such a gift?

Oh, the ways in which God works.

Today someone I used to love told me that his girlfriend is going to practically be living with him from now on. And that she is moving her cats into his place on Monday. At 32, he has never been able to put up with anyone long enough to live with them before. I cried.
He's supposed to hate cats...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometimes its so hard to
rectify what is happening
in this life against eternity.

i will be praying for you
and your mom and don.

love you!